I’ve been putting this post off for about 3 weeks, but after reading Naomi’s post that matched so much of what I’ve been feeling, I’m biting the bullet and writing this out.
Both of the last two months, I’ve gotten all set to have an amazing month… and then had a few crash and burn days or weeks. Most of the time it’s personal issues, either feeling stressed or sick or emotionally exhausted.
If you follow my “All About” series on resources for bloggers, or my “Better Blogger Challenge” series, you probably noticed a lack of those posts lately. These aren’t stopping! But, it might take me until the end of the month to get back on track with them.
I’m giving myself a break. Not by not posting, but to have a bit of freedom to catch up on the posts I need to do for some amazing products I’ve been sent, and of course keep up with my #BeautiesOnFire posts.
My goal WAS to follow a posting schedule. For this month? That’s not my goal. I made a movable, physical calendar so I can adjust to what I’m in the mood to write, and change as things come up. This month my goal is to get Ahead on posts, even if it means going slower with actually posting them.
Sometimes you have to adjust your expectations of yourself and let go of the stress and commitment, even if there’s no visible reason that a change happened to require a turning point.
- This month I will not just post the second I’m done.
- This month I will sit down to work for 30 minute sessions on future posts.
- This month I will get caught up on my time-sensitive posts.
- This month I will not guilt or pressure myself unnecessarily.
- This month I will spend more time enjoying blogging and appreciating my fellow bloggers than I do stressing out about posting or even stats.