I got nominated for this award by the sweetheart author in charge of The Ginger Emma. I only recently discovered her blog, and you should too! Her post variety and viewpoint are definitely worth a follow.
About the Award
- The Liebster Award exists by bloggers for bloggers. It’s a way to show your appreciation for the blogs you love and help other people find them.
- “Liebster” comes from German origin and can translate to mean: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart, and boyfriend.
The (Official) Rules
*I’ve seen this award many times and come across many different rules, so I decided to go back and find the ‘original’ or ‘official’ rules for my nominees. 🙂
- Thank the person that nominated you, & link back to their blog.
- Display the Award on your blog. (in your post and/or a widget)
Answer 11 questions about yourself.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs
with under 1000 followersto receive the award.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominees to follow.
- List these rules in your Award post.
- Inform each blogger of the Award nomination.
11 facts about me
- Despite, or maybe in part with having this blog, I consider myself to be a complete failure at most things girly. (Hence the amusingness of the journey I suppose!)
- I, and my family, have done foster care for ~300 pets.
- I have 16 chickens and most of them have names, such as Kebob, Cordon Bleu, Ginger, Honey Sesame, Bourbon, Popcorn, Pecan, Paprikash, etc., (the youngest look too similar, so they are the McNugget army) and I still think they are trained better than my mom’s dog.
- I have won awards for both my fashion photography, and my graphic design.
- At this point I probably have to admit not only an addiction, but a fetish for lists: I have lists and spreadsheets for everything from projects with my boyfriend, comics to read, book logs, subscription box delivery dates, to a product log of everything I’ve received along with rating, box from, value, personal value, size, and status (open, extra, gave-away, empty).
- I write in a Bullet Journal every day because no planner can tell me what to do.
- I studied psychology until I realized everyone around me including myself is insane.
- I believe in long-distance relationships more than ones that develop based on location, because it can’t be common that your soul mate lives down the street.
- My guy gave me the superhero identity of Techgirl, and uses it often to get me to do computer/tech research for deals, comparisons and more.
- (and I have my own backstory)
- Chrome > Aurora > Firefox > Internet Explorer; & Google > Bing > Guessing > Yahoo.
The Questions The Facts I’d Like To See
- What beauty/makeup product do you consider entirely unnecessary?
- What do you think people splurge too much on?
- What do you think is worth the splurge?
- If you could only wear one lipstick color every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? (general color/dream lipstick color, or actual product)
- What one product that you use regularly would you give up first?
- Besides any video streaming, where do you spend your most time online?
- Who is your beauty icon?
- What trend/style are you thinking about trying?
- If you subscribe to a subscription box, what would be inside of your ideal box/bag?
- What’s your favorite word today?
- What one fact, tip, trick, or reality check, do you think most people need right now?