So one of the new projects I wanted to start this month is Music Monday. I’ve been obsessing over certain songs every week, and it gets to the point where a photography concept and makeup look pops into my mind for how I’m imagining this scene.
So every week, I’m going to match my makeup to a song.
This week the song I’m obsessing over is The A-Team.
Originally by Ed Sheeran, my favorite version and the one that’s on repeat today is the cover by Alex G. If you haven’t heard her music, you should really take a listen. She does absolutely beautiful (and more PG) covers of very popular songs, as well as writes her own music. Half of my playlist for the morning is just her covers.
The main lyrics that inspired this look include:
“White lips, pale face, breathing in the snowflakes”
“It’s too cold outside for angels to fly”
“Ripped gloves, raincoat, try to swim to stay afloat. Dry house, wet clothes.”
“They say, she’s in the class A-Team, been this way since 18. Her face seems, slowly sinking wasting, crumbling like pastries, and they scream, the worst things in life come free to us.”
And for some reason this just SCREAMED purple contour to me.
For this look I actually did two versions.
For this look:
- Primer: Smashbox 24 Hour Foundation Primer
- Foundation: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 Foundation in Ivory mixed with Manic Panic in Virgin, set with NYC Translucent Powder.
- Contour: Julep’s Light on Your Lips in Soiree
- Lips: (Primer) Smashbox 24 Hour Foundation Primer, (Outer Corners) Julep’s Light on Your Lips in Soiree, (Inner) Manic Panic in Virgin, (Set With) NYC Translucent Powder.
- Eyes: (Outer Corner) Julep’s Light on Your Lips in Soiree.
- Lashes: (1st) Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Tinted Primer, (2nd) Maybelline Volum’ Express Turbo Lash Mascara, (3rd) Lash Factory 300X 3D Lash Mascara.
I liked that look, then wanted to play a little with the snowy look since my hair dried.
For the adapted look, everything is the same, except I wiped off my lips and added:
- Eyes: Eyeko FAT Liquid Liner on lashline & waterline.
- Lashes: Manic Panic in Virgin on lower lash tips.
- Lips: (Base) Maybelline Shine Free Foundation Stick in 110, (Center) Manic Panic in Virgin.
Which look do you prefer?