Time for my first tag? Courtesy of my nominator, the gorgeous Vanessa Victoria. If you aren’t already following her, please check out her blog and give her some love. Looks like we both got in on the beauty blogger craze at the start of the year and it made my day to see this tag in my inbox. Thanks girl!
- Tag the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion.
- Name 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
These are the questions she set up for her nominees:
1. What is your favorite makeup brand?
I genuinely don’t have a favorite makeup brand right now. Unless you count Chapstick. I love experimenting with products and I’m in the stage of redetermining my personal perception of myself.
2. What is your favorite skincare product?
Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion. It’s the perfect lazy girl product. Slather it on in the shower, rinse off in a bit, walk out, done. No slimy hands.
3. If stuck on an island and could only bring 3 beauty products, what would they be?
Suscreen, chapstick, and mascara. I’m a ginger, skincare and lip protection aren’t optional, and when I have mascara on I feel a little brighter
4. What is your favorite makeup store or website?
Can I pick Amazon? Because 99% of my products right now came from Amazon, Walmart, or beauty boxes.
5. Who is your favorite beauty blogger?
I genuinely can’t pick just one, I’ve been finding new girls to follow every day, but so far there’s about 3 that I get really excited about when alerts are in my inbox: Everything and Nothin’, my nominator Vanessa Victoria, and mysubscriptionaddiction.
6. One product you would recommend to anyone, your holy grail?
For anyone that uses black liquid liners, EYEKO Fat Eyeliner. That thing is B-E-A-UTIFUL. And I’m already ending up with two since Birchbox is awesome. If you don’t use eyeliner. Good ol’ Cherry Chapstick.
7. What tips would you give to new beauty bloggers?
Write it, save it, walk away.
Do something else, come back, and proofread in your preview. If you can, have someone else proofread it too. (My guy is my victim and for this) Grammar and basic spelling errors can instantly make your blog look less credible and it can lose you potential followers if it happens frequently. Think about when you turned a paper in to a teacher, now think about the fact that every post you make is representing who you are, and how someone will perceive you. If you’re in this for followers, networking, being a resource or a guru: make a good impression. Slang is fine, laziness is not.
Also, sometimes things you write make total sense to yourself, and then you post them, and nobody else is going to understand. When you come back later you can view it from a different frame of mind and see if it really makes sense to anyone but you.
And please don’t call it a review if you haven’t tried it: Then it’s an unboxing, first impressions, or a haul. Not a review. That might just be a personal pet peeve. But way too many people do this.
8. Any favorite books you’d recommend?
For fiction: The Ink World series by Cornelia Funke is my all time favorite book series, far better than the movie they made out of it: Inkheart, Inkspell, Inkdeath, the trilogy I’ll never stop reading. Characters in books come to life and escape and there’s fire eaters and tragedy and romance and fairies and a cranky little furball with horns. How can you not love that?
For motivation and productivity:
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
The Miracle of Self Discipline by Brian Tracy
I’ll be posting later this week about the reading challenge that I’m doing this year.
9. What’s your favorite foundation?
I’ve still yet to find a foundation that perfectly matches my skintone, it either makes me look yellow, or it gives me an unwanted tan. I’m pale as a ghost, and I actually love it. So I’m HOPING that Manic Panic’s Dreamtone White will be my best friend to finally embrace my skintone, as an add-in to all of my current foundations.
10. What do you like most about beauty blogging?
I should love trying new products, but my favorite parts so far are fleshing out how I really feel about a product and knowing that someone is probably feeling just as inept as I am about all things girly.
Y’all are making it hard for me, half the girls I follow are already nominated! Trying to grab some of my favorites that I’ve been following or stalking that haven’t gotten a nomination yet! 🙂
Sorry if I re-tag anyone that’s already gotten this.
10 Questions for my Nominees:
- Where do you enjoy promoting your blog the most, social media wise?
- What’s the worst product you’ve tried? (& what did it do?)
- What’s your favorite subscription box, if you subscribe?
- In one word, summarize your focus for 2016.
- If you are playing up one feature on your face, what is it, and why?
- What fashion and beauty trend would you rather avoid?
- How do you plan out your blogging, or do you at all?
- What’s your favorite memory from 2015?
- What product type are you willing to splurge on?
- What beauty/fashion choice do you regret?
Please check out the awesome bloggers in my nomination and show them some love. For more tagged blogs backtrack through my tagger here.